The Half Windsor knot is one of the most versatile tie knot. It fits perfectly to many places collar and is ideal to wear on different occasions. Contrary to what its name suggests, the half Windsor knot is the “younger brother” of the Double Windsor knot. This beloved tie knot is complete in itself. And he is popular. The node has a beautiful shape, it is a little fuller than the “Four-in Hand”. Here, the node is almost symmetrical and it offers the opportunity to put with the help of the forefinger a fold. This fold is the Tie a wonderful accent. In English, this fold is also called “dimple” or “fluke”.
When should I choose the Half Windsor knot?
With a slight tie the result of this node is very discreet. In a heavy silk tie you get a beautiful all nodes as a result. In this case, the node is not suitable for very narrow collar. The knot is ideal for men with a slightly longer neck.
Visually, the neck seems a little shorter. Since the node is a bit wide, he is also very good for men with a broad chin. The half Windsor knot is suitable for almost all occasions, it will be many well-liked.
Features the Half Windsor knot:
– the node is quite narrow,
– he almost has an asymmetrical shape
– it is a very elegant tie knot, thanks to the possibility to put a fold can,
– is suitable for narrow to wider ties but better not take too wide ties,
– is for narrow and wide collar suitable
– ideal in the office or to a festive occasion,